The Canon PIXMA MP160 printer is an all-in-one photo printer. This printer offers high-quality resolution that gives photos a rich, dynamic finish. Using the Canon MP160 is a user-friendly process, and so is installing it, even for relatively inexperienced computer users.
1. Open the official Canon website (see Resources). When it opens, click on the "American" demographic symbol.
2. Click on the "Support and Drivers" tab on the left side of the screen. Select "Canon USA" and the screen will redirect to a popup screen. When the popup screen loads, click on the "Printer" icon. You will be prompted to locate and select your product's name and model number.
3. Choose your product's name and model number by clicking on the designated drop down bar in the middle of the screen.Click on the MP160 product name and model number. Your screen will be redirected to an operating system prompt. Choose your operating system in the designated drop down menu when the next screen loads.
4. Download the Canon MP160 setup application. Click on the Canon MP160 link that will be generated based on the information you provided. A file download dialog window will appear on your computer's screen. Click on the "Save" option that will be presented in this window. When the setup application download is complete, click on the "Open" action to access the Canon MP160 installation wizard.
6. Select all the default settings by simply clicking on the "Next" option that will be displayed at the bottom of the installation wizard's window.7. Click the "Finish" option to complete and conclude the installation process. The Canon MP160 portal will open automatically once the installation wizard is closed. Choose all of the recommended settings in the Canon MP160 portal. The last screen will display the option to print a test page. Click on this option to test the printer's connection and installation, and ensure that it is printing correctly.